Building affordable homes in partnership
with families in need, supported by a host of
volunteers, faith based organizations,
donors and corporations for the
betterment of our community.
Sacramento Habitat for Humanity, an ecumenical housing ministry based on Christian principles founded in 1985, is a local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International whose mission is to eliminate poverty housing worldwide and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience. SHfH is one of almost 1600 affiliates serving the United States and 90 developing countries around the world.
As individuals and an organization we:
- Recognize our social and moral responsibility to help the working poor
- Seek and work in dynamic partnerships to develop our community
- Work to increase overall home ownership in Sacramento County
- SHFH is a non-profit 501(c)(3), private, non-governmental organization
- Serves Sacramento County relying on the local community for volunteers, materials, services and financial contributions to fulfill our mission
- An empowerment program, not an entitlement program, giving people a hand-up not a hand-out
Board of Directors
The Sacramento Habitat for Humanity board of directors is comprised of local business leaders, involved members of the community, and representatives from each of our partnerships.
Board members give their time, talent, and money to support our mission. They bring years of vocational and life experience to provide fiduciary oversight and resource raising talents to bring hope and homes to low-income families in our community.
If you would like to learn more about Board Membership and making a substantial difference in your community, please contact CEO Ken Cross at (916) 440-1215 ext. 1105.